Ariston micro Genus 27 mffi ignition problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a problem with a Ariston micro Genus 27 mffi it fires up getting the temperature up then switching off, when I have it in service mode it will burn on full till the water gets up to temp then it switches of then will relight when the temp drops. and so on.

this happens on both ch and hw

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You will need to give full details of its operation if you expect anyone to give you any suggestions of why it is not working.

Be aware that many boiler repairs need someone with considerable experience at the boiler to correctly diagnose faults.

Tony

thanks Tony for your advice, I was looking to see if it was something simple before having to get some one out to have a look at it.

When I turn on the hot water the boiler will light then stay lit for 3 or 4 min the electrodes keep spark the entire time. then the ignition failure lock out light comes on and the boiler locks out. I then have to leave it for about 5 min to cool down and then reset it and then it dose the same all over again.

hope this is a bit clearer.

Sponsored Links
Hi there. This post is probably closed now, but I'm that desperate I'll give it a try. I'm having the exact same issues with my MicroGenus 27. I had a boiler engineer come round but he insisted that changing the boiler would be cheaper than replacing the PCB. I went ahead and purchased and fit the PCB, which I had to upgrade from CMP2 to a CMP 3. I then fitted the MicroGenus module but it is still locking out. I have to reset it at least a couple of times before it fires up. Any ideas?

Hi the other issue I had along with the PCB was the expansion vessel had collapsed and hand to be re expanded using a pump fixed both these problems and boiler has been working fine now.

Alister

No and No, do a search on here.Make sure you have no pressure in the system whilst adjusting the Expansion tank.

Did search but couldn't find any relevent information on how this would be done. The servicing manual instructs me to remove gas pipe , which is why i asked about gas isolation.

Mark, you seem to be asking about a locking out problem but have been sidetracked to the expansion vessel which is not associated and well covered in the FAQ on this site.

Ignition problems are gas/combustion related and need a gas reg engineer and so the forum rules do not permit us to give advice on those topics.

Tony

Thanks for all your help. I did call out a gas engineer, but he told me it was the PCB, and that they are so pricey, I'd be better off replacing the boiler. Consequently I'm a bit wary of being knocked but if its a gas/combistion issue, then i'll keep trying until I find an honest gas registered engineer. Any honest gas men in north london? Thanks

It is gas/combustion related and the exact cause is unknown so far and could be the pcb although if you have fitted a new one correctly then that seems less likely..

However, there are many whose repair skills are lacking and who just want a bigger job of replacing the boiler. Many blame the PCB because its perceived to be an expensive part.

Even so your boiler is not a favourite to repair and they are seen as cheap and not very good.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back