Ariston Genus 27 3way flow microswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to remove and replace the 3way micro switch on an Ariston Genus MFFI combi boiler.

I would attach a picture showing it if I could.

I have been told that it is clipped on, but I do know whether I have to push or pull it up or down, backwards or forwards to unclip it, and i do not want to do it the wrong way and do further damage to my boiler.

I want to check the switch myself before I call an engineer.

The service manual does not tell me how to do so.

many thanks.

Sponsored Links
do you mean the the diverter valve actuator :?:

if so just pull the clip outwards from the brass body

Hi

I am not sure what you mean by the actuator.

How do I attach a file as part of my reply? The file will have a picture of the part in the boiler.

Hi

I have placed in picture of the switch etc in an album on my profile.

Could you have a look, and see if the actuator and microswitch are 2 names for the thing and the confirm how I take it off, please.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
There isnt an actuator in that picture put it is a microswitch. Just pull the clip out towards you.

Thats the DHW demand switch.

Its held onto the gland by a black clip which engages into a groove.

But why do you want to remove it?

When you turn on a hot tap does the pin move to the right by about 9 mm ???

Tony

Hi

Sorry for not replying sooner.

I want to remove it check whether it is stuck, i.e it has got any grit in it, and then either clean it or replace it.

At the moment. i only get hot water when the heating is on.

The engineer replaced the diverter diaphram last time and i think this switch may be stuck in one mode.

I just want to check and clean the switch if necessary before I either replace it or clean the system completely.

I take it that I just have to pull the clip towards me to unclip it, is that correct.

Many thanks for your help and advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back