Ariston micro Genus 27 mffi ignition problem

Sponsored Links
Tony, you seem pretty clued upon your boilers, can you recommend a combi boiler around 27kw , not too expensive. I'm giving up trying to find someone to repair my current one.

I dont see any evidence that you have made any effort at all to get someone to repair your boiler.

Perhaps you expect to have it repaired for free? I agree that will be difficult.

Tony

As mentioned on previous post I did have an engineer visit, who suggested fitting a new boiler as opposed to fitting the 'expensive PCB'. I also called two engineers off trustatrader, one of which cancelled last minute, as his fault finding skills weren't up to scratch. Put the job on rated people and have had one response from a bloke who wanted £150 to look at it but couldn't guarantee he'd be able to fix it- not looking to get mugged/ripped off. Just want to either get my boiler fixed and if I know it can't be;replace it.

Sponsored Links
As mentioned on previous post I did have an engineer visit, who suggested fitting a new boiler as opposed to fitting the 'expensive PCB'. I also called two engineers off trustatrader, one of which cancelled last minute, as his fault finding skills weren't up to scratch. Put the job on rated people and have had one response from a bloke who wanted £150 to look at it but couldn't guarantee he'd be able to fix it- not looking to get mugged/ripped off. Just want to either get my boiler fixed and if I know it can't be;replace it.

Dont you understand how those sites work?

The subscriber pays a monthly fee and then buys 'leads' like your job for about £7.

The idea is they then bid a price to do the job. Thats fine if the job is defined. But a boiler repair may need 30 min or 5 hours and no parts or £300 of parts.

Any idiot who bids for a job like that can only be hoping to get a boiler install out of it.

No engineer with good diagnostic skills is ever going to be involved with those sites.

Tony

No, i wasn't aware of that. This is the first time I've had major issues with a boiler so it's unchartered waters here. The website was recommended to me by the engineer who cancelled last minute. Well, you've all been very helpful and I greatly appreciate your feedback. Now, where did I leave my copy of the yellow pages.......

Yellow Pages should be regarded as a last resort. Yell.com may be slightly better ( we are listed there! ).

Best is personal recommendation from friends and neighbours or any other direction to an individual engineer who seems to be good and reasonable.

Tony

My location is listed here as London and not surprisingly I do repairs in the London area and go west to Reading and north into Herts.

If you wanted to discuss my attending then you need to call or email me. Contact details in my profile.

Tony

Just noticed your location after I sent the e-mail. I'm in Tottenham North London. I'll call you in the week.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back