Ariston Microgenus 23mffi fuse problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?
We have an Ariston Microgenus 23MFFI combi boiler, probabky around 6 years old, and it has suddenly developed a problem. The boiler appeared to be dead when I got home, 240v to the unit was fine, after further investigation I sound that the 2 x 2Amp glass fuses on the back of the PCB had blown. I changed them, the boiler fired up, we had hot water again, but when I went back to it around 30 minutes later it was dead, and the fuses had blown again. This keeps happening and I can't work out why the fuses keep blowing.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
check to see if water is leaking up the three port valve and into the valve motor. The motor is at the rear l/h/s of the boiler and is attached to the three port with a push on pull off clip. Remove the motor from the valve and leave off,you will now get hot water but no central heating. If the fuse does not blow now you will have to get the top section of the three port valve replaced.
If they do blow you could have other water leaks somewhere else or a short on your pump or fan. Hope this is of some help

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, it would appear that the pump has gone so am replacing that.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back