Ariston Microgenus shutdown

It's a common fault on the condensing microgenus. If the burner has lit and you can still see the spark electrodes sparking, than it's the main pcb, that's provided you've checked the rectification probe/lead. However there's more to it than just changing the pcb, there are other adjustments required, but that requires a RGI.

Sponsored Links
I thought it was also a common fault on the non condensing ones 2-3 years ago.

Hows the van?

Tony

Hi tony,
the van is looking a lot better thanks. The AO1 is more common on the condensing range. As previosly mentioned, it's not just a simple case of changing the pcb. will speak to you tommorrow about it.

Sponsored Links
Hi Spacethegas,
I personally have only been in contact with Tony, he's an experienced heating engineer with years and years and years of working in the industry :LOL: . Whilst I'm quiet new to the repairs side of things.

Hi Spacethegas,
I personally have only been in contact with Tony, he's an experienced heating engineer with years and years and years of working in the industry :LOL: . Whilst I'm quiet new to the repairs side of things.

Now then, not too many years!

I have only been seriously working on boilers for about nine years!

One of the older guys on here has been working for 46 years!

Some of us meet up for a curry in West or North West London from time to time, we are due another soon! Others meet at ARGI events or meet up at the shows.

Tony

thanks for saying hello.

breakdowns have always been my thing.
i did my apprenticeship mainly with a breakdown engineer with BG about 27 years ago hence ive been doing that pretty much since. did the same for my local authority & now for myself for the last 6 years.
i like it. but there is no money in it. if you want to make money install.

enjoy your curries.

id never even heard of ARGI before here.

hi everyone
glad i stumbled over this website and all your helpful info - my boiler has broken down.
I have an ariston microgenus and i am getting error code A01 after about five to tne minutes of hte boiler being on. it seems this could be the circuit board from what is written here.
i am going to contact ariston to see if i can get it repaired under warranty as it is under twelve months old i beleive - it was fitted by a cowboy unfortunately who was a friend of the person who sold the house to me. i had a plumber check it all over before i purchased and he did fix a few minor points for me.
i dont think the work will be done under warranty so i am wondering if anyone knows roughly how much this could cost - on the basis a new circuit board needs replacing? i am afraid to say that there are a lot of chancers out there who would take anyone for a ride and i have come across my fair share before so if anyone can give me any ideas that would be great as then i have something to go on!!
any comments would be great
thanks so much
eve

Yep, new pcb required, ask Ariston for the details of their local agent who should fix it with out any dramas' if they won't do under warranty.
A nice fault on the MG II is the E34/A77 both the pcb and aps require replacing failing that new wiring loom from the pcb up to fan etc.. and on the MG II HE E34 after about 18 months dirt on the fan slowing it down, removing the restrictor should do it, as long as it doesn't effect flame picture( which i haven't found yet), Gary.

Microgenus HE comes with 2yr guantee so you'll have no problem getting it repaired.

Just have the serial number ready. Usually its on a barcode sticker on the front of the boiler if not you'll need to lower the control panel and check the data badge.

wow thanks for all the info - great help
i will get on hte phone to ariston tomorrow - fingers crossed! am sitting here with two blankets over me (i reallly feel the cold!! lol)
thanks again :)

If the solicitor does this then claim all the expenses accociated with the case from him. Or push him to pay for repairs seeing as its his fault youll have to fork out. :cool: Home and dry then.

Sorry didnt see there was a second page. :oops: The last was in relation to Babyboo23's comment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back