ariston water heater help to install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,i need help to install a ariston undersink water heater 15L 3K...i`m installing it in loft to feed en-suite basin hot water tap in converted loft. i am currently taking cold water for shower toilet and basin cold tap from mains,all fed to via plastic push fit fittings.heres the pics what i have

Sponsored Links
que ?

what about the instructions that came with the unit ?

Sponsored Links
magico said:
second hand off ebay with no instructions
Righto.I`ll burn some instructions onto a cd and you can bid for them.I`ll start@ £1.00 on ebay ;)LOOK@ the date :oops: :LOL:

We hear that all the time, new appliances without the instructions or connection bits.

I had someone who wanted me to connect a hob unit for him. I had to decline when I discovered he did not have the bag of adapterd for the gas connection or the fixing clips.

Tony

any1 willing to give me advise on this,to stop the girlfriend moaning about not having a finished bathroom. i know where its going and connecting it to a fused spur,but the pipe connecting just needs explaining please or a diagram would be great

Firstly the safety valve at the bottom of the heater must be connected to a discharge pipe that goes outside (through the wall) to discharge in a safe but visible location (not over a doorway or passage). Can you accommodate that?

yeah it can go through wall same as toilet waste pipe

Ok, then hot connection just goes straight to the hot taps. All the bits go on the cold connection. What you have in the pictures (in order approaching cold connection on the heater) is an isolating valve (?), a filter/strainer, a Pressure Reducing Valve with a check valve (internal) and a pressure gauge, and finally an expansion vessel which fits onto the tee connection.

When the water in the heater is heated it expands. This expansion is accommodated in the ex. vessel. The PRV limits the pressure in the heater from exceeding the setting on the safety valve (6 Bar?). It's a potentially dangerous set up if not done properly so take care. Make sure the thermostat is working properly.

ok think i`ve got that
from hot on heater straight to hot tap
from mains,isolation valve,a filter/strainer, a Pressure Reducing Valve with a check valve (internal) and a pressure gauge, and finally an expansion vessel which fits onto the tee connection.
do`s the other end of the T go to the heater cold?
do`s it not need a non return in line anywhere?
cheers
mark

The single check valve is your non return protection, all that is deemed necessary for domestic hot water. Whatever you do don't waiver from the instructions you've been given or BOOM!

Just to clarify, the PRV that you show in the pic will have a check/non-return valve built-in. You should be able to see it. And yes, the other branch of the tee connects to the water heater cold inlet. Make sure that nothing can obstruct the heated water from reaching the expansion vessel and the safety valve.

Judging by the pipework in the first pick, Persimon built the house, I'm guessing! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back