Aritech Digi Dialer....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am having a major headache with a Digi dialer. . I have all the wiring done, it will ring my mobile, but all I get is silence.I am not sure if I am doing the basics correctly here. Do I leave the analouge telephone line connected to the digi caller (connections a,b) and keep the network connection in the network connection position (b,a) i.e telephone and network connected while trying to programme alarm. I will try and insert a pic of my digi dialer TD8403/TD8803.
Or do I simply leave out the network connection completely and connect the telephone to the dialer in order to set up message... any help appreciated.

Bye
Maximus152

Sponsored Links
The "dialer" is'nt a speech dialer, it's used to communicate with a central station reciever. The reason it will call the number you want but not do anything else is because it's waiting for a reply from the central station's reciever.

You need to purchase a seperate speech/text dialer unit to do what you want to do.

It is a Digital communicator but also does paging and voice to 1 telephone number.
What panel are you using it with?

Sponsored Links
Hi gents,
thank you for the reply and questions, was out off country so did not have chance to reply.
Its a CS350 Panel. I have connected it to a TD8012 DIGI dialer. At the moment what you say makes sense, I get a phone call no sounds, I answer get another call. I am now even getting phone calls when I arm the alarm for no reason, so maybe it is looking for a station to call it. At this stage if some one could tell me how to get it to even text me I would be happy. Should I set it to FAST FORMAT, SIA, PAGE or VOICE.....

any help welcome.

Rgds
Maximus

Hi Scott,
yes you make perfect sense, that kind of all adds up. Is there any way I can just get it to ring my phone... once and be done with it. Any info appreciated.

Rgds
Maximus

The "dialer" is'nt a speech dialer, it's used to communicate with a central station reciever. The reason it will call the number you want but not do anything else is because it's waiting for a reply from the central station's reciever.

You need to purchase a seperate speech/text dialer unit to do what you want to do.

Thanks oasistechnica for reply,
I purchased a digi dialer Aritech TD8812. I got what I asked for... I asked for digi dialer.. I assumed this would do the trick. After spending days trying to work out whats wrong, I read mails below....which are very informative. I wired up the TD8812 to the Aritech CS350 panel, and I am getting phone calls even when there is no alarm initaited. Thats basically where I am....

Rgds
Maximus

on this one mate, i would really need more info,

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back