How to wire GSM AD06 Auto Dialer to Accenta G4 mini.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello to all on the forums. i'm a newbie to this forum so please bare with me.

my old wired alarm system was not working (concept 6) and so decided to replace with Accenta G4 mini with LCD Remote Keypad. i also decided to upgrade the front and rear strobe/bellboxes as i thought these were the cause of my old alarm not working properly.

presently i have the alarm working on just 1 strobe/bellbox the other is wired up outside cover closed but not connected to the alarm panel.

i want to add the GSM Auto Dialer to the alarm panel but not sure if the panel will be able to take the dialer and additional strobe/bellbox...and also not sure if the dialer can be connected to the alarm panel as the dialer instructions mentions 500mA mains power adapter and from what i've read in the alarm manual the j3 outputs supply a 13 V supply for the communicator up to a total load of 200mA. any advice would be appreciated. i will upload the manuals for the strobe/bellbox's, alarm and communicator.

thanks in advance. AG.

have posted pics of the manuals, hope they have the info needed.

Sponsored Links
link to the pics. //www.diynot.com/network/Ancientguy/albums/21781

the way i read the diagrams etc. it would seem that if i make the power connections from the alarm panel J3 13V + and 0'v to the dialer power connections 12V red. 0v black and then take another wire say blue for convenience from the alarm panel intruder connection J3 to trigger 1 on the dialer so that in the event of an alarm then the dialer should kick in and send the programmed messages to the programmed numbers. am i on the right track?....any help would be appreciated. i did program the dialer using a PP3 battery but this dialer eats power from the battery within 24 hours. manual says you can use back up battery so i'm quite confused as to why it should discharge overnight.

AG.

Yes your on the right tracks , the battery is just! A back up battery only to keep things running when power is off , the gsm unit will drain the battery quite fast as it's online all the time!

hello again and thanks sparkymarka for your reply to my post.

do you know if it is possible to wire the communicator to the the alarm panel and also add an additional strobe/siren without the additions causing the alarm panel pcb to burn up or blow fuses.?
i'm not sure how to calculate the power/amperage usage.

thanks all.

AG.

Sponsored Links
appreciate your help here sparkymarka. i'm thinking of giving it a go tomorrow and hopefully all will work.
i will wire up as i said earlier.

13v + red from J3 on alarm panel communicator terminals to 12v on gsm dialer terminal
0v black from J3 on alarm panel communicator terminals to
0v on gsm dialer terminal

blue wire from J3 INT on alarm panel communicator terminal to gsm dialer TR1.

i am also going to wire up the additional strobe/siren as its already wired up outside and i have used the same colours to wire the second strobe/siren. i know my previous strobe/sirens need to be wired with a connector block at the alarm panel. i think it has to do with scb mode?.

coming off subject for a minute. i was messing about with the old concept 6 alarm and discovered the original fault was the tamper switch on the rear external strobe/siren had corroded and seized. i replaced it and wired up the old system on the kitchen work surfaces with the old equipment, i.e. PIR'S, old RKP internal speaker and external strobe/sirens X2. previous to purchasing the new system i had bought batteries to replace the old ones in the strobe/sirens and the alarm battery, i could not get access to them as someone had borrowed my ladders (without asking). so these batteries had been in my cupboard for a couple of years. to my amazement the old system worked as it had before its batteries and the tamper switched had been replaced.

back to new alarm. hoping to put pics of strobe/sirens wiring and would be grateful for any comments/advice.

thanks again.

AG.

strobe/siren wiring pics uploaded now. link to pics = //www.diynot.com/network/user_album_update.php?album_id=21790

The old concept 6 is was bullet proof ! Less things to go wrong and better than the new panels now made in China !

i didn't know that. but you know, i never had any hassle with that alarm since the day it was fitted and that was a few years ago. more than a decade. i have the engineer/user manual for it still. and just as a matter of interest, would it be possible to fit a gsm dialer to it now?..lol..the mind boggles. i've always been fascinated with electronics..but afraid technology is getting better faster than i'm getting older.

Yes just wire to aux 12v + and - and B bell trip as long as the battery has been replaced every 5 years or so it should be ok, just check large resistor on right hand side in middle of pcb isn't burnt / black it should be ok.

hi.. thanks for that info. can't see aux on the concept 6 pcb though...have to cancel my plans today and get on it tomorrow. i have too many people here today so would be awkward. i have some pics of the pcb. i'll upload later. thanks again sparkymarka. as always, your advice is appreciated.

AG.

hello again. am feeling pretty good now and would like to thank you all for your help and guidance. i'm pleased to say that the new alarm is up and running with 2 strobe/sirens and the dialer is working as it should also.

thank you all for your help ...very much appreciated.

NB. i have more pics of the old concept6 if anyone is interested or needs.

AG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back