Artex Repair advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had a leak in the bay ceiling which has caused a dinner plate sized blister to appear in the artex ceiling, the blister is not broken and no water came through.

How do I repair this, can I some how glue the artex back to the ceiling, its a large room and and do not wish to have the whole lot re-artexed.

Forgot to mention that the leak has been sorted, the artex has dried out therefore the blister is not so obvious but it is not attached to the plasterboard ceiling.

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Very difficult to do, as the Artex dries it gets hard and brittle again. You could use a steamer to make it pliable again and then put a piece of wood under it with a prop to push it back while it dries again ?

I would have thought the best thing to stick artex back with is artex. Its gonna be brittle though and liable to cracking if you're gonna paint it.

Sponsored Links
How precise is the current artex design?

I take it the pattern is so fine no one could patch it successfully?

Picture would really help.

Any idea who did the artexing in the first place? I suppose he would be the obvious choice to patch it, if at all possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back