Artexing Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone please tell me if you can artex over existing artex, if so do you have to PVA and to what mix.

Thanks

Ian

Sponsored Links
The first thing that came to my mind when reading this, was, why would anybody want to artex over artex??? Why not plaster?

You got an artex fetish or something ;)

Hi Ian,
In the past,I used to do Artexing.I have never artexed over artex, but I have plastered over many artexed ceilings. I suppose it would depend on the pattern that was already on. If the pattern was "rough",say stipple or swirl, you could probably put a "rough" pattern over it. But if you wanted to do a pattern with a comb, fan, half circle or any other pattern where you would need a smooth surface underneath, then I don't think you could. Be careful if you try to take old artex off in case it contains small amounts of asbestos. I didn't PVA any of the ceilings that I artexed, the vast majority were already emulsioned, and I just applied the mix to the ceiling, with no problems.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
It paid the bills stevey. It was in fashion then. I hated doing the stuff, but as I said earlier, I also got paid to plaster over them as well,so I have the best of both worlds. Would I have it in my house? I have, in my living room and a bedroom, but time will sort that out. ;)

Roughcaster.

No worries mate, I can completely undestand that, a foot in both worlds!! lol :LOL:
I even think I got some lingerin around somewhere :cool:
That will become extinct by march, if all plans workout.... :confused:

By the way Roughcaster, is that were yer from, Moray? if it is man, that's a beautiful place....

Well mate to me,,,, looks like you made a great move, hampshire to lossimouth. You have some nice beaches up there that you just couldn't have had mid country lol :LOL: that spit of land thats stickin out there reminds me of spurn point... are you happy there? you married and livin it???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back