Artificial grass - any recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have an area of grass next to my decking, that i would like to replace with Artificial grass, so the kids can play to their hearts content and not kill the grass :) The area is 4 x 5 meters.

There are many companies selling these, but i just wanted some advice on which ones are value for money and quality.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
I've installed quite a few now, and my advice is to make sure you go and see some that's been down a while. The quality is pretty good nowadays, and I have some on my own front garden.

The only real criticism I would have is that it gets quite hot in the sun, so a) you dot get that nice cool-grass effect that a real lawn gives you and b) not sure how good for very mall feet it'd be in the hot sun.

Like I said, go and see some when its sunny and you'll see.

Dead easy to lay, though.

Thanks for the advice and the link :)

I see the prices very from £5.99 - £50 a a square meter :eek:

Is it a case of you get what you pay for? or is there some research to be done?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You might be able to find some from here: artificial grass

You can get a free sample and you might even be able to pick up something the right size in the special offers section.

Thanks, the special offers section seems a great place to keep an eye on!

Just a quick query on installation, i have read the guides about removing exiting grass, hardcore, sand, membrane etc.

The area it's going in the garden is already nice and flat, could i not cut the existing grass a low as possible, lay the membrane over that and then the artificial grass? Would bad things happen after time?

I had a feeling you would say that :)

But what would happen, uneven worn areas? Waterlogged?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back