Removing grass without removing grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking at putting artificial grass in the garden as it gets sodden and puddles in winter months.

Given that I also want to increase the level of the grass to match the patio (about 50-100mm) I'm wondering if I can kill the grass off with weedkiller and coverage over the winter and then increase the level with compacted hardcore and sand blinding instead of needing to take the top layer off, which will be a mountain to remove and replace the void.

Any advice on whether this is acceptable/possible appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you cover with weed suppression sheeting it will kill off any grass .
I adjusted my levels with sharps sand .

Plastic grass won't stop your garden flooding -- issues like that are caused by the makeup of the soil underneath your lawn. Rather than destroying a source of food and nesting material for the local wildlife, why not sort the drainage issue out? Lots of options for doing it; my particular choice being to raise the lawn by 100mm after digging trenches for an extension. The additional soil holds water but I could have installed a drainage system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back