Asbestos garage roof removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea how much I’m expected to pay for removing these garage asbestos sheets

I’m so peeved off, I payed £3K for the garage roof and another £7000 for the main roof and the roofer said he lost his asbestos licence so I have to remove it myself.

Anyway any ideas about cost and do you recommend anyone in the north west area Manchester.

Attachments

• 19387AE2-9AC4-412D-BE25-DEEB646F216C.jpeg
    19387AE2-9AC4-412D-BE25-DEEB646F216C.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
Depends on the council. Some take it away for you if bagged, and you book an appointment for them to come and check it first. Other councils like my one leave you to get ripped off by the private sector. If you shop around I reckon you can probably get it removed for 500 quid, depending on the quantity.

I’m so peeved off, I payed £3K for the garage roof and another £7000 for the main roof and the roofer said he lost his asbestos licence so I have to remove it myself.

If you paid him for the complete job, and he has not completed the job, then he owes you the cost of removal. Hope you haven't yet paid him in full?

Sponsored Links
Well this my question when you do a full reroof isnt the responsibility of the contractor to remove the rubbish ?

Already been quoted £450

This is the invoice,

It says all waste removed, shouldn't this include the garage roof?

ROOFING = property no******** ●
Removal of existing rooftiles / old felt / battons / tiles ●
New breathable membrane added ●
New treated timber battons added ●
New Rooftiles added including dry ridge systems Square top tiles match existing tiles colour brown( Front & Rear of Property )●
Upvc dryverge system on gablends Colour brown
£6,425.00
£6,425.00
RUBBER ROOFING ( Rear Garage )●
Removal of existing flat roof / clearing timber frames. ●
New osb timber boarding added to timber framework.●
Sanding off osb then primed & glued ready for Rubberised protection.●
New Rubberised roof protection / includes of any gutter edges and stand up trims.●
Fasica & gutter including with works.
£3,000.00
£3,000.00
UPVC ROOFLINE :●
Removal of existing Gutters & timbers Front of property as discussed .●
New upvc fascia : ( Outer side ) Front of bungalow as discussed. Colour - white.Manufacturer ie : freefoam building products ●
New upvc Soffit : ( Underneath ) Front of bungalow as discussed.Colour - white.Manufacturer ie : freefoam building products ●
New upvc gutters & drains : ( water flowing) Front of bungalow as discussed.Colours - blackManufacturer ie : freefoam building products● Silacone seals to brick finished.Manufacturer ie : soudal●
Timber rafter support boarding to mount the upvc roofline / Airventaion above fasica boarding
£575.00
£575.00

SUBTOTAL£10,000.00
TAXABLE£8,333.33
VAT (20%)inc £1,666.67
TOTAL£10,000.00
BALANCE DUEGBP £10,000.00

● 5years guarantee
Scaffolding free of charge
All wasted removed and taken away
Fully public liability insurance
Risk assessment approved

● 5years guarantee
Scaffolding free of charge
All wasted removed and taken away
Fully public liability insurance
Risk assessment approved

Get the asbestos removed at your cost, by an approved contractor, then deduct what ever it costs from the £10,000. It's his problem, if he has lost his licence.

…..but why has he lost his licence and not already bagged that stuff up?

Its potentially sitting there and doing its thing!

He did some fascia and gutter work for me in a previously property and he said he mixed some asbestos sheets waste on a normal skip therefore he lost his licence but not sure if this is all bull.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back