ASBESTOS GARAGE ROOF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old garage i am knocking down nothing large just a standard garage with room for 1 car. the roof is asbestos sheeting anyone have any idea how much it will cost to get rid off professionally

Sponsored Links
Hi mate, i had some asbestos sheeting rmoved from my outbuildings and was quoted £20 a sheet or bag of bits and £400 half a days labour.

When i asked him about the labour charge he advised me that beacause insurance and wages were so high, he had to charge this much.

So I decided to remove the sheets myself bearing in mind that these are asbestos cement and are not as dangerous as other types. So on his advice i waited for a damp day and then absolutely soaked the sheets with water, got a good quality dust mask, wore some old clothes, and a hat and then removed the sheets one by one WITHOUT BREAKING THEM.

I then lay the sheets in the garden and put all my clothing on top i then got straight into the shower and changed.

I then rang these guys to collect the sheets and they basically turned up with gloves on, bagged all the little bits and sheets and went. £180 cash whicj i was happy enough to pay.

Anymore questions just let m know.

Andy

If you double wrap the asbestos in plastic sheets/bags and seal joints with tape most council tips will accept them. Ring before you take them as most council tips only have one 'asbestos skip' and if it is full you might have to wait a few days. They do not charge for this service

Sponsored Links
hi, i am in the same boat - have a garage to take down and it has the asbestos sheet roof. how did you get on and did you do it yourself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back