Asbestos Garage Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a bit of advice. I have a sectional garage that has what I believe is an asbestos roof. The garage on the whole is not in great condition but it's still standing and looks like it will last for another 3-4 years. As it's tucked away around the back of the house I don't want to spend money on a new one yet.

However the roof is starting to crack and some water is leaking in when it rains. I wondering what the best solution would be to get a fresh roof on that will last 2-3 years.

Originally I thought about putting some corrugated pvc over the current roof just to make it water tight but is the asbestos going to be dangerous if it's cracking?

Budget is about £200

Sponsored Links
Seriously, corrugated asbestos roofs present little problem as they are largely dust free if left alone....also the fact that it is eternally raining over here means the roof remains damp.
Consider Flashband tape to cover any cracks....works well.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back