Asbestos in coving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wondering if could help me?

I have some coving that I want to remove around my bay window but worried could potentially contain asbestos so obviously don’t want to start it until confirmed. Would asbestos be in coving? My house was built approx. 1965. I have attached some photos for you to see.

Thank you!
Ryan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 910
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 849
Sponsored Links
Coving is usually cardboard covering plaster, modern versions can be compressed styrene covered in cardboard.

TBH coving like that was not fitted in 1960s or 1970s houses that much - they were really into simple ceiling to wall joins by that time. I suspect that they later additions to the house and as others say, they probably don't contain asbestos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
TBH coving like that was not fitted in 1960s or 1970s houses that much - they were really into simple ceiling to wall joins btythat time. I suspect that they later additions to the house and as others say, they probably don't contain asbestos.

Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back