Asbestos in drinking water

Sponsored Links
Well let me say, i do not worry about my health at all, I smoke, eat rubbish and generally still try to pretend I am 20 but the asbestos fibers from the water mains apparently amount to up to 1,000,000 per liter. Now I know that the said fibers are on the low scale of the cancer generating type but come on. I built a house some time ago and they had me put in a radon tank and that as there was an outside chance that 1 in 1000 people died from cancer due to radon and we didnt have it in our area. The short fibers in cement bonded products like thees pipes cause cancer of the lungs as they imbed in the tissue when breathed in. whats to say that they dont inbed in your gut?

For my money, I rekon it will all blow up in a few years when a proper transparent study is done on the effects of asbestos in drinking water.

There have been many studies relating to asbestos water pipes and the general consensus is that drinking water contaminated with asbestos is harmless.

Some have also studied the effect of clothes washed in asbestos contaminated water releasing fibres into the air when dried.

Can't remember what that concluded.

Sponsored Links
No-one has mentioned the water itself. There is far more of that coming out of the tap than there is asbestos, and it kills much faster if breathed in.

andytw

Sorry there mention of drinking too much water, so it can get you on two accounts !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back