Asbestos in Sun Room ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently removed what I thought was (gypsum?) plasterboard (AIB found on external wall was different - seen in grey panels)

just wondered if anyone had insight to potential asbestos, unfortunately I can’t have it tested as it went in the skip!
It is the board below the window internally and along the back wall (screwed on to the brick). It was wallpapered. I believe it was added later than the original structure.

house built 1961. Conservatory added potentially 1980? and modifications such as extra glass windows to double glaze and additional polystyrene at a later date 1990/2000+? Fibreglass in ceiling cavity.

the radiator was hung on the back wall under window - fitted to this board.
13AA9DC5-E8E5-4B3A-B5A9-C704FD43B9DC.jpeg
95DF81A8-95DD-4FF4-B3C7-6A88B8C0F0B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's difficult to say from an image, it could be AIB or fibreboard. Often it's possible to give a good guess between the two by feeling it or by soaking or burning.

What's the actual concern, being as it's now been skipped? Possible exposure?

I figured picture would be tough to tell from.

I was masked FFP3 disposable the whole time. pulled it off the wall and straight in skip, I feel like exposure is pretty small and not worth worrying about?

aware that I could find more so hoping to be able to determine. I was a little concerned by exposure but wasn’t drilling/sanding etc and only a few hours vs a decade installing it as I read the non insurance company literature!

I wouldn't worry about it, for such a low amount and such limited time.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Woody
For what it’s worth,
505F2AB8-ABBC-43C8-8EE6-5F69C0F26172.jpeg
the top internal board is plasterboard right? Boards on floor after pulling off.
There’s been so many additions to this structure
5296DE07-D846-49AF-9ACE-8CDE5D77FE8B.jpeg
♂️
Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back