Asbestos removal query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Through a garage survey and further test a board of chrysotile was noted behind the front fascia.
I went through a company to remove and dispose this and provided waste certificate.

The garage company now wish to see an airsafe certificate which I wasn't provided.
Going back I'm told this isn't required for under 2m of chrysotile.
Is there anywhere I check the correct information as stuck in the middle at the moment

Sponsored Links
Chrysotile removal of this nature is typically non licensed work and does not require an air test.

Refer your garage company to HSE guide A14. And remind them that they should know this being the principle contractor under CDM Regulations. :rolleyes: . Ask them for their risk assessments and method statements - which they should have prepared and provided you with before starting work.

Thanks Woody, not being in an expert in this so just seems like a minefield when everyone has they own opinion!

Will go back to garage door company and see where I get to.
The guys that disposed of it has stated the same of it not being needed. They took precautions, wetted it down, hoovered the area and have a signed waste disposal note so thought had everything done right.

All this work to just try and replace a garage door!

Sponsored Links
The garage company are looking after their staff but at the same time not understanding the requirements. Tell them you will go elsewhere and see how long it takes to change their tune.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back