Asphalt /tar on pavement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a bit of asphalt/tar which has come off ( worn away ? ) on the pavement off the edge of my driveway. Weeds grow here and I would like this sealed up.

Can I do something on my own or should I contact the council ?

Sponsored Links
Doubt council will do anything but you can buy some yourself and hammer down. Diy sell

Doubt council will do anything but you can buy some yourself and hammer down. Diy sell

Here's a pic to visualize what I meant.

Meanwhile, one of the gas/electricity sub-contractors also marked areas on the pavement in the past and I need to remove their green markings as well!

IMG-20220114-225031046.jpg

Sponsored Links
Think wickes has set some for £8

I used some once and put wood over and hammered it flat.

Any of the suitable cold repair stuff should do job

Wayners, I have not got round to this yet but will source the bits in the next few days. It seems the smallest Macadam bag is 25 frikking kilos! I doubt I will need even half and the rest will be wasted.

DIY places really need to sell smaller bags.

Wayners, I have not got round to this yet but will source the bits in the next few days. It seems the smallest Macadam bag is 25 frikking kilos! I doubt I will need even half and the rest will be wasted.

DIY places really need to sell smaller bags.
25kg doesn’t go far .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back