Assembling an MFI kitchen - When do I put on the doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to begin assembling a MFI flatpack kitchen and have a couple of questions:

1. When assembling the units should I put on the doors before installing them or should I wait until the units are installed before putting on the doors?

2. I have read about sealing the thin backings to the units with PVA to protect them from water. Do I just apply the PVA to the edges or all over the back of the unit.

Any other tips very much appreciated.

This is my first kitchen assembly after extensive experience of IKEA furniture flat pack assembly :)

[/list]

Sponsored Links
1 Put the doors on when the kitchen has been FULLY assembled.

2 I didnt bother sealing anything except round the hob & kitchen, I painted pva on all exposed edges.

Many thanks for your reply.

To clarify, should I put the doors on the wall and base units once the units are fully in place and screewed against/ to the walls?

Should I wait for the worktop to be installed before putting on the doors?

The doors are like putting pictures up in a room, you wait till its all done.If you wanted to fix wall cupboards up with doors fitted it would double the weight.

Sponsored Links
Adrian_Bristol said:
Should I wait for the worktop to be installed before putting on the doors?

Yes, there is less risk of scratching/damaging the doors if all other work is done first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back