Astec Alarm - Bell Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Astec alarm and in the last couple of days it has been going off - even when the alarm hasn't been set on! It is about 9 years old and I replaced the back-up battery in the main panel in the house last year. Is there also a back-up battery in the bell box which should have been replaced? If I switch it off at the fusebox and disconnect the back-up battery in the main panel will this stop it going off while I find a fix? It has gone off twice this evening for no reason and I don't want it going off during the night! Can anyone please advise?

Sponsored Links
When it's hot ? Sounds like a bad tamper switch connection , may need adjusting as plastic bell boxes expand in the heat. Or it's had water damage to the pcb , it's a trip up the ladders !

Sponsored Links
Can't comment on bellbox it may or may not have a cut off timer so you mat still need ladders to down power the system. Post a picture of the bell box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back