At least you can rely on Starmer to stick to his pledge.

Sponsored Links
He made that pledge ages ago.
#Oh, no. Wait…….

At least he's still going to nationalise the utilities and raise the top rate of tax back to 50%.
#Oh, no. Wait…….

Last edited:
Kind of related to this. I've said before (and someone with the required skills and time could do it) it would be very interesting to know over the past 50 years what % of party pledges are ...

a) not progressed at all (0% of pledged goal/objective)
b) progressed slightly (up to 25% of pledged goal/objective)
c) progressed partially (up to 50% of pledged goal/objective)
d) progressed quite significantly (up to 75% of pledged goal/objective)
e) progressed fully (100% of pledged goal/objective)

... once they are in government.

The longer I'm on this planet, the more I realise your average politician just opens their mouth and lets their proverbial belly rumble. If Labour get in next time round (in England and/or Scotland) they'll spend the first x years saying 'we've not achieved x yet cause we're still clearing up the mess left by the Tories/SNP.'

They all want to say things that align with the voters.
lower taxes, better services

Sponsored Links
Just goes to show that all politicians will say anything to get voted in and then abandon their election pledges when they get a sniff of full power and told what to do by their 'puppet masters'...

It's actually cheaper for the UK to have free university tuition but as said 'puppet masters' say, 'business is business' ;)

I don't have a problem with funding University for people as long as they choose subjects where they will have a realistic chance of paying it back in taxes. I'm not so keen to fund someone's 3 year stint to self enlightenment. If they want to learn for pleasure, they can read a book.

I don't have a problem with funding University for people as long as they choose subjects where they will have a realistic chance of paying it back in taxes.
So could you tell us which subjects are worth funding and which are not?

I should add or other "value" to society, e.g. Nursing, Education, social work etc.

There are many Humanities and Arts degrees, that are known to be easy tickets and low value. Criminology for example. There are about 100 criminology graduates for every role. The classical Studies is another that should not be funded by hard working plumbers who pay their taxes.

Just goes to show that all politicians will say anything to get voted in and then abandon their election pledges when they get a sniff of full power and told what to do by their 'puppet masters'...
And your solution is?

Keep them on their toes and keep voting them out.

At least Starmer is saying this before election, and not when in power

I should add or other "value" to society, e.g. Nursing, Education, social work etc.

There are many Humanities and Arts degrees, that are known to be easy tickets and low value. Criminology for example. There are about 100 criminology graduates for every role. The classical Studies is another that should not be funded by hard working plumbers who pay their taxes.

I was with you all the way until the last bit:

"funded by hard working plumbers who pay their taxes" :ROFLMAO:

What is the reality about tuition fees?

I mean student loans are a Ponzi scheme arent they -many students will never pay them off

A graduate on a salary of say £27k might only pay £25 a month -thats not gonna pay off a £50k debt after 40 years of working unless there is a serious increase in salary.

SirGlanshead is carmenmerandom or whatever the name is. It keeps forgetting who it posted as and on my ignore list they seem to be interchangeable
Well you got all of that wrong. Well done.

Can't even be on your ignore list if you've not ignored me

Sponsored Links
Back