At least you can rely on Starmer to stick to his pledge.

Just like Boris did when he carried out the result of the referendum. At least we agree on something. (y)
You mean absent Boris each time there is a contentious vote in the house?
Or Boris "I'm not really in the fridge but I am lying in front of bulldozers" Boris?
He's one of the most disingenuous lying oafs ever to set foot in Parliament.
Brexit was his path to PM, you gullible fool and what a mess that turned out to be.

Sponsored Links
When you were a student, did you wear a beret and have that picture of Che Guevara on your bedroom wall?
I could ask what you wore as a uni student, but you have already told us you were too thick to be one...

A fact you insist on reinforcing with every post you make (y)

I could ask what you wore as a uni student, but you have already told us you were too thick to be one...

A fact you insist on reinforcing with every post you make (y)
Had too much common sense to go to uni. You’d like to be a pound note behind me, Che. ;)

You mean absent Boris each time there is a contentious vote in the house?
Or Boris "I'm not really in the fridge but I am lying in front of bulldozers" Boris?
He's one of the most disingenuous lying oafs ever to set foot in Parliament.
Hep, that’s the one. The only politician to carry out the result of the referendum. (y)

Sponsored Links
If they want to learn for pleasure, they can read a book.
But just reading books others' have written cannot advance knowledge, we need people who are passionate about not only learning, but discovering new ideas, testing concepts, and proving old ideas wrong, otherwise we'll be stuck forever in the past.

But just reading books others' have written cannot advance knowledge, we need people who are passionate about not only learning, but discovering new ideas, testing concepts, and proving old ideas wrong, otherwise we'll be stuck forever in the past.
Should the tax payer fund this development if the study provides little benefit to society? Or to phrase it another way..

In world where we compete on a global scale, do we need more people with degrees in:
Gender and politics or Biology?

Last edited:
Unbelievable arrogance to assume someone is thick, because they didn't go to Uni.

Not come across a professor who didn't go to Uni unless they are Professors of Brexit Benefits then they are ten to a penny.

Should the tax payer fund this development if the study provides little benefit to society? Or to phrase it another way..

In world where we compete on a global scale, do we need more people with degrees in:
Gender and politics or Biology?

How do you quantify benefit to society - and society do you specifically mean the UK economy. The above reads like a bojoesque random statement.

Yet you voted for Brexit.

Those who do alright, answer the questions.

Those who dare to shine, question the answers.

How do you quantify benefit to society - and society do you specifically mean the UK economy. The above reads like a bojoesque random statement.

Yet you voted for Brexit.
Free university = asking a stranger to fund your education. So what is the return on their investment? Or is it ok for you to learn about whatever you fancy while they work and pay taxes to pay for it?

There is nothing random about the idea at all. The state could simply subsidise courses that it deemed to be a good return on the investment.

It’s no different to a points system for skilled immigrants applying for work visas.

Not come across a professor who didn't go to Uni unless they are Professors of Brexit Benefits then they are ten to a penny.
I don’t know too many professors who are wealthy CEOs. But I know plenty of super wealthy CEOs who don’t have degrees.

Education level is not a measure of intelligence.

Free university = asking a stranger to fund your education. So what is the return on their investment?
Have you noticed the shortages in vital public services?

Maybe when you're waiting for emergency life saving treatment due to a lack of doctors/nurses you might just reflect on that 'return on investment' idea just before you pop your clogs!

Or does the lack of teachers which means younger members of your family receiving a below standard education bother you as not being a 'return on their investment'?

Europeans invest in education and the generations to come...

The UK like the US sees them as cash cows!

But given your reasoning I assume that you or any of your family don't use the NHS or have any members of your family in the education system?

And that's just the start of the people you'll be relying on...

Unless of course you have gone totally private and pay for everything yourselves!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back