At my wits end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 Months ago I moved into a 100 year old terrace, within 2 weeks we had those dreadful storms. I noticed I had water trickling down the wall coming from the ceiling! I have had about 5 roofing contractors out all telling me different things, one said it was the fire break wall and another said it was the felt that may have a tear. The roof itself is about 10 years old. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Were they Roofers or itinerant ladder gangs :eek: If the firebreak wall goes out through the roof it may have a stepped flashing along it that`s one place for ingress..my crystal ball`s fogging over now. ...NO there`s one other :idea: go in the roof and look @ the felt

You may have a real problem, or you may have a problem only when there's torrential rain and the wind blows in a certain direction. Very occasionally we get a bit of water in, but 4 times in 20 years I don't think is worth worrying about.

oilman said:
You may have a real problem, or you may have a problem only when there's torrential rain and the wind blows in a certain direction.
I has a headache of finding out with one of my customer roofing and found when a strong wind blows in a certain direction, it lifted the lead flashing up to push the rain underneath it, so I have change the lead to a difference grade which made it heavier and since then not has any problem so far.

Sponsored Links
I has a headache of finding out with one of my customer roofing and found when a strong wind blows in a certain direction, it lifted the lead flashing up to push the rain underneath it, so I have change the lead to a difference grade which made it heavier and since then not has any problem so far.
...............Reminds me when I started plumbing...Tight boss made us use 3lb. lead on everything :eek: Your job wasn`t in E. Sussex was it :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back