At the pumps...

I argued that I only put in £20 and the extra penny was a fault with the pump but he would not entertain it.
I cannot fathom out, given your strong feelings about the matter, why you agreed to pay the extra 1p.

Sponsored Links
Because I didn't have any cash and was paying by debit card.

I have argued this before (at a different PS) and had the penny dropped.

I used to get really annoyed before chip and pin as the cashiers hardly ever checked the signature on the card and usually passed it back before signing. :evil:

I argued that I only put in £20 and the extra penny was a fault with the pump but he would not entertain it.
I cannot fathom out, given your strong feelings about the matter, why you agreed to pay the extra 1p.

Indeed ...... I wouldn't have, particularly if I was having a bad day :cool:

I can be most obstinate at times, & have in the past insisted that both the police and Customs & Excise Weights & Measures Inspectors be summoned.

On checking with a manager or 'head office' they always back down !

Just think of the negative publicity from appearing on the evening news for operating a petrol dispenser which doesn't record correctly ESPECIALLY GIVEN THE RECENT PRICE INCREASES

Its wouldn't take long for some bright spark to figure out :

Pump used on average 15 times an hour, average 22 hours a day
Say 14 pumps per filling station
5000 Filling station per large company (OK, thats a guess)

Difference is about £ 65 K a month and thats only based on '£20' fills

Thats a hell of a lot of extra fuel duty the operator might owe the Treasury if a fuel pump was proven to be faulty.

Sponsored Links
do we pay for the fuel which seems to evaporate as with pump :confused: on hot days you can see it going it the air :eek: you may need that penny for you know what later in the day :LOL:

Back