Atag A325ecx fan error!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, would be grateful if you can help on this one.
We had this boiler installed 3 and a half years ago, no issues with it until today. Error code c1 29, fan. After reset the fan comes into operation for about 30 seconds then stops and the error code reappears. Obviously no heating or hot water. I'm in the trade, bathroom fitter etc, so deal with central heating often,,,, so I removed the fan, gave it a clean with the vacuum cleaner, removed non return valve (which looked a bit worn), cleaned inside upper casing too and put back together and after reset there was no error and boiler working fine. 2 hours later same thing happened error code c1 51(fan error), tried reset, fan came on again for 30 secs or so then code c1 29.
Any suggestions??
Jon

Sponsored Links
Yeah I'll do that in the morning. Atag state full service at 4 years, visual inspection has been carried out by the approved installer annually as stated by Atag. So warranty valid. I was just looking for a solution so the Mrs can get off to work happy in the morning:cool:.
Thanks for the input though.

Ok bit of an update. Called Atag yesterday morning(or the company that looks after the A series warranties now). The soonest they can get someone here with a fan is Thursday afternoon! They didn't give me this information until 4 pm. Local Part Centre can get the fan next day, which is still not great in the winter.
Basically great super efficient boiler(n) but if it leaves you with no heating and hot water for 3 days in the middle of the winter, and it's only 3 years old, then buy something you can find parts for.....
I did read about this when I researched boilers to install but the praise was so high for the Atag, bullet proof, landlords boiler, etc, etc...
Anyway a bit of hardship never did anyone any harm. Wife and kids aren't too happy though.

Sponsored Links
Next day is fine. I'm talking contacting them on Tuesday morning after the boiler failed on Monday evening and it will hopefully be repaired on Thursday afternoon.

That's for sure. I'm 51, grew up in a terrace house with a coal fire in the living room, that was it. Teenage daughters though, don't know they're born!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back