Atheism is the 'real' enemy of the west?

If people were told for sure that God did not exist, then I am pretty sure the crime and murders and adultery would go up 10 fold, it is only fear of God watching us over is keeping them under control.

It is know fact that CCTV cameras cut the crime rate down.

Those who believe that there is a God who is watching our every bad action, and it stops them from doing bad things. But this does not mean men who believe in a God and even those who run religions do not commit crime from time to time.

This was, I believe, one very good reason for organising religions in the olden days. In those days everyone, or almost everyone, really did believe in God and the likelihood of being sent to Hell if they were bad. Consequently, religion did tend to keep people in their places.

Today, however, I'm sure that most criminals do not believe such things, even if they profess to be religious. In fact, I understand that even the Church these days tends to play down or even deny the concept of Hell Fire.

Sponsored Links
I wish you were right, there is no hell? how do you know?

Why do you think some people are exceptionally rich and own big houses and expensive cars and earn in one year what you might not in your entire life,

The there is the other lot who don't know where their next meal will come from, and even their land fails to produce crops, due to draught, so does it not seem that some how hell and heaven exists on earth itself, and we could put it down to their past karma, may be , I don't know, but this could take scientist another millennium to figure out, we need another hadron collider to detect hell particles! :LOL: (only joking mate)

If people were told for sure that God did not exist, then I am pretty sure the crime and murders and adultery would go up 10 fold, it is only fear of God watching us over is keeping them under control..

Absolute tosh.

what about the 'fear of god' or more likely the 'fear of someone finding out you dont believe in god' that means the suicide bombers happily kill many innocent victims on their way to heaven.

Tell them there's no god and they would have to ebay all their bombs.

as for god affecting crime levels in this country.

Are you seriously saying its only the fear of going to hell for all eternity that keeps Christians helpful and community minded?

If you honestly believe christians would rape and steal at the drop of a hat if they found out god was a lie then it doesn't actually say
much for the moral of christians
It also says you have such a high and mighty view of what being a christian means that you ASSUME non believers are rapists and murderers.

Sorry. Married 30 yrs, no affairs , no crimes , no police convictions etc etc. I even stop my children downloading music from download sites.

Now that I now for a fact puts me morally light years ahead of many people even practicing christians.

Sorry. Married 30 yrs, no affairs , no crimes , no police convictions etc etc. I even stop my children downloading music from download sites.

What a bore you must be. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If people were told for sure that God did not exist, then I am pretty sure the crime and murders and adultery would go up 10 fold, it is only fear of God watching us over is keeping them under control..

Absolute tosh.

what about the 'fear of god' or more likely the 'fear of someone finding out you dont believe in god' that means the suicide bombers happily kill many innocent victims on their way to heaven.

Are you seriously saying its only the fear of going to hell for all eternity that keeps Christians helpful and community minded?

If you honestly believe christians would rape and steal at the drop of a hat if they found out god was a lie then it doesn't actually say
It also says you have such a high and mighty view of what being a christian means that you ASSUME non believers are rapists and murderers.

Now that I now for a fact puts me morally light years ahead of many people even practicing christians.

Quite you do not have to be religious in any way to understand that the 10 commandments aren't a bad set of rules to live your life around. Very very much doubt they came from "god" though.

Where will all you atheists end up buried?
You've got no burial ground and you're only rememberance will be a jam jar filled with ash stuffed in the back of some cupboard. :LOL:

Absolute tosh.

My comments didn't apply to Christians or any particular religion but across the whole population.

we are told that if we hurt someone, kill, rape or whatever, God may see us and serve his justice. That keeps those planning to do something nasty under tabs, but many are good law abiding citizens, if in any country there is no law and order, and criminals would then go on rampage, and again I am not suggesting good people with good morals and intentions would also join the bandwagon of those who would fear none.

My comments didn't apply to Christians or any particular religion but across the whole population.

we are told that if we hurt someone, kill, rape or whatever, God may see us and serve his justice. That keeps those planning to do something nasty under tabs, but many are good law abiding citizens, if in any country there is no law and order, and criminals would then go on rampage, and again I am not suggesting good people with good morals and intentions would also join the bandwagon of those who would fear none.

You're wrong again.
What you are saying yet again is that people currently believing in go only don't break the law because they are scared of gods retribution.
You're also saying without law and order people will go on the rampage.

You are wrong again.

Linchings and murders keeps crime under control in the absence of an organised police force.

You have a very very dim view of humans.

Is that the forgiveness god teaches?

or the arrogance believing in god gives you over others?

Every society with god or not creates a law framework and rules.

You have watched too many zombie armageddon films

You're wrong again.
What you are saying yet again is that people currently believing in go only don't break the law because they are scared of gods retribution.
You're also saying without law and order people will go on the rampage.

You are wrong again.

Linchings and murders keeps crime under control in the absence of an organised police force.

You have a very very dim view of humans.

Is that the forgiveness god teaches?

or the arrogance believing in god gives you over others?

Every society with god or not creates a law framework and rules.

You have watched too many zombie armageddon films

OK Mr Perfect Human Being, I see your views, and I said my opinion, nothing would change of course with our opinion, but yes when evil does not see retribution of God, and Law & Order, there is total mayhem, even those who normally behave good can also join in with the evil, Humans I have definitely a very dim view of, they are worst than animals, you might or might not be MR Perfect, but then again neither am I, I would not take any advantage of knowing if God was not there, because i have certain of my own principles, or if the law & order vanished, my principle is don't subject others to what you wouldn't like them to subject to you.

If you seriously believe that humans can be trusted, forget it mate. I rather trust a Gorilla. who attacks from the front and not stab you in the back.

I am far from perfect.

I abide by the law but even if it wasn't there I would abide by rules.

I do doubt myself though.

When younger for sure if someone had raped or killed my kids I would have killed them somehow - rifle on a rooftop perhaps.
Yes some of my veiws are strictly old testament.

Humans are indeed savage and depraved at times but there will always be good people despite what you think.

Here's where law and order doesn't have the answers.

The New Orleans disaster .
Looters were shot . . .
Getting food for your family? seriously?

As for being Mr perfect. It really is not the answer either . The messengers always get shot or swept under the carpet.

When younger for sure if someone had raped or killed my kids I would have killed them somehow - rifle on a rooftop perhaps.

That's what everybody says - but it never happens. Grow up will you? :rolleyes:

Where will all you atheists end up buried?
You've got no burial ground and you're only rememberance will be a jam jar filled with ash stuffed in the back of some cupboard. :LOL:

I'm not going to be buried. When I turn my toes up, my wife's going to have me stuffed so I can sit there and keep her company.

Sponsored Links
Back