Atom Kablo brand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good people,

I have recently bought some "Atom Kablo" 2.5 t+e cable from TLC to wire up my house. :!:

Do any of you have an opinion of this brand :?:

I've never seen it before so I'm tempted to megger it on the drum before I spend a couple of days burying it around the house.

What is a good (affordable) brand of T+E cable. Any favourites?

Thanks for your opinions. :D

Sponsored Links
I have recently bought some "Atom Kablo" 2.5 t+e cable from TLC to wire up my house. :!:
TLC aren't a fleabay retailer based in Hong Kong, so you should have a reasonable expectation of quality.

Do any of you have an opinion of this brand :?:
It's BASEC approved.

Mind you, so was Atlas Kablo.... http://www.voltimum.co.uk/news/1417...urer-Atlas-Kablo-s-certification-licence.html

I've never seen it before so I'm tempted to megger it on the drum before I spend a couple of days burying it around the house.
Good practice anyway, no?

Continuity/R1/R2/Rn as well.....

And check that it strips OK: http://www.voltimum.co.uk/news/14581/s/Return-unstrippable-cable.html

Well i wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. Atlas Kablo is a cable manufacturer based in Istanbul which had its BASEC approval revoked. Now Atom Kablo is also based in Turkey. Not only that Atlas Kablo are based at

Perpa Ticaret Merkezi, A Blok Kat:5 No:95 Okmeydanı / İstanbul

And Atom Kablo are

Perpa Ticaret Merkezi, A Blok Kat:8 No:699 Okmeydanı / İstanbul

My advice take it back.

Got given a couple of drums of this a month back, not nice, it didn't strip well at all and the copper seemed prone to breaking when gripped in a terminal (which was a worry :eek:), when I pulled it through the joists it snared and tore up, never actually use it, or rather did one run in it thought better of the idea and slung it in the nearest skip.

Sadly there is more and more cr8ppy cable out there, Doncaster is another bugbear of mine as they save money by not chalking the inside which causes the outer insulation to stick making stripping awkward.

Sponsored Links
I got some of the last Atlas Kablo stuff before BASEC told them where to stick it, and it was perfectly fine.

Thanks everyone for your good advice :)

I "wimped out" after I saw that my second drum of cable was the dreaded Atlas brand.

Decided to go for Prysmian and Haani in the end. No smoke so far :)

I used some cable recently that had so much talc inside that I was covered in the stuff after only stripping back cable for 4 sockets (ring) and a FCU.

It made the cable really hard to work with as the CPC was literally falling out of the outer insulation whilst stripping.

I can see the back door of Doncaster Cables' factory out of my back bedroom window about quarter of a mile away. :D They must be good. :LOL:

I can see the back door of Doncaster Cables' factory out of my back bedroom window about quarter of a mile away. :D They must be good. :LOL:

Went there on my last rewire in DN4 to collect some cable. You must live fairly close to DN4 then.

Gents.

We have just been informed about this forum and needed to comment since there is plenty of incorrect information.

Atom Kablo is a BASEC%LPCB approved cable manufacturer exporting its products to the UK market more than 15 years.

Atom Kablo hold BASEC certificate for about 8 years, is not a new BASEC approved company. Within this period company had successfully complied with requirements and created its reputation in the UK market.

At the moment Atom Kablo is definetly the leading cable exporter from Turkey to the UK for low volate cabels, where Turkey has about 30% share in total UK's low voltage cable imports. In 2010 we exported 78m USD, majority to the UK market. This may be an indication the demand for this brand in the UK market. No one continues to buy non-quality cable. We have stable supply to the UK with an increasing trend.

In Perpa we only had a showroom, which does not exist at the moment. Our head office is not in that place and we have no association with other compenies which are located there.

Meaning of KABLO word in English is precise and it is not nice and polite to give other meanings and to generalize and associate some non-quality companies with countries or with other companies from the same country.

These information are for clarification.

In case you have any query you can anytime contact [email protected]

Regards,

Atom Kablo San. ve Tic. A.S.
www.atom.com.tr

Gents.

We have just been informed about this forum and needed to comment since there is plenty of incorrect information.

Atom Kablo is a BASEC%LPCB approved cable manufacturer exporting its products to the UK market more than 15 years.

Atom Kablo hold BASEC certificate for about 8 years, is not a new BASEC approved company. Within this period company had successfully complied with requirements and created its reputation in the UK market.

At the moment Atom Kablo is definetly the leading cable exporter from Turkey to the UK for low volate cabels, where Turkey has about 30% share in total UK's low voltage cable imports. In 2010 we exported 78m USD, majority to the UK market. This may be an indication the demand for this brand in the UK market. No one continues to buy non-quality cable. We have stable supply to the UK with an increasing trend.

In Perpa we only had a showroom, which does not exist at the moment. Our head office is not in that place and we have no association with other compenies which are located there.

Meaning of KABLO word in English is precise and it is not nice and polite to give other meanings and to generalize and associate some non-quality companies with countries or with other companies from the same country.

These information are for clarification.

In case you have any query you can anytime contact [email protected]

Regards,

Atom Kablo San. ve Tic. A.S.
www.atom.com.tr

Thank you. Could please explain if you are the same company as Atlas Kablo or a completely different, separate and non related company?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back