attaching a pulley to concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cant think of anywhere else to ask this question so ill try it out here. I want to attach a pulley to the concrete floor in my garage for working out.

This is sort of what I mean except the pulley will be attached directly to the concrete floor and not hanging off some piece of fitness equipment:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2002/standcabledelt2.jpg

I will be using a pulley similar to this:

http://media.rei.com/media/ee/421cc236-c68d-44c8-9e1e-9d49fc363605.jpg

Is this idea going to work? It will obviously need to support a bit of weight and I can't have it flying off into my face when I'm lifting.

What sort of tool, setup will do the job? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
One way to do this is to fit a shield anchor, with a suitable eye on the end.

You would need to drill a hole (use an SDS drill and the correct size bit: hire the drill if you don't have one). Make sure the hole is cleaned out before you put the anchor in.

Ok thanks for that, no I don't have a drill like that but can source one from a hire place.. as long as I can clip a carrabiner onto the eye I should be fine

just another question, is an SDS drill a drill that spins as well as hammers at the same time? or is it just a jack hammer..?

Sponsored Links
Sleeve anchors are of a different design; I believe they are for lower stress applications, but I don't know enough about the differences to say for sure.

The masonry fixings on the site you reference named 'wedge anchors' look right for your need, if you can get one with a suitable eye on the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back