attaching a wooden frame to concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a greenhouse and would like to know how to attach a wooden frame to concrete. I am going to lay a concrete foundation and then build a wooden greenhouse frame on top of it. How would I do it? I know it is difficult to drill and put plastic plugs into concrete so is there another method? I thought it would be better to have the greenhouse frame attched to the concrete foundation in some way to make it more stable. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
To attach the timber greenhouse to the base you will have to drill into the concrete at some point anyway so the easiest way is just to sit your wall panels in place and drill through the sole plate and use frame fixings like these
If you don't have an SDS drill then borrow or hire one and it will easily do the job for you.

Might be worth using a bit of damp proofing plastic between the wood and concrete and some form of "run off" for the water to escape (you some times see them on concrete steps and pads where the edge has been bevelled very slightly!!

Although my wooden garage has been up for about 7 years... I've had to go round the whole lot replacing the bearers due to rot...

Sponsored Links
seeing as you havent laid the concrete yet, when you do, why not put studding (long threaded bar) in the wet concrete (obviously you will have to measure where it goes) then when its set, you can bolt the frame to the studding, saves having to drill the concrete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back