Attaching Fascia to brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

I have to attach some new Kestrel fascia to the brickwork of a garage. There is no wood to attach the fascia to, it is completely brick.

I would be appreciative of a link to the required fittings. I assume I will need to drill into the brick and fit some small plugs and then screw in some screws. The problem I have is I have been unable to locate any plastic tipped screws with a screwdriver slot / posi head of any kind.

Many thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
The inside lip is usually 25mm so fit some lengths of 25mm lath to the brick, 2 rows , drilling and plugging as you would perhaps making a note of where the screws are and then placing your fascia Over it and then using a 30mm poly pin drive it through the fascia In to the lath. the lip of the fascia hides the lath.

This is what you need

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200725-204401_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200725-204401_Google.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 400
Sponsored Links
Screw caps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200725-210154_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200725-210154_Chrome.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 350
Fit a backing timber first to space the fascia of the wall and form a drip, then you can use normal polytop nails

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back