Attaching onto an internal soil pipe from outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a condensing boiler with a soak-away and want to plumb in the condensate pipe to the waste pipes and do away with the soak-away. The only way I can see to do it is to run a pipe external to the building from the room with the boiler in it diagonally to meet with the outside wall of the bathroom downstairs which has a boxed in section on the wall which is presumably a 110mm vertical waste pipe inside. Problem is the easiest way to drill through the wall in the right place would be to cut out a section of the 110mm pipe in order to drill a hole right behind it and then replace the cutout section with a T junction to meet the pipe coming through the wall from the upstairs boiler. I don't really fancy doing this and am worried that the lower section of the 110mm pipe may fall out of view after I cut it and also because I've never seen such a T-section, only bosses that strap onto the 110mm pipe. So I was thinking of cutting a small hole at the side of the 110mm pipe from inside and then measure sideways from outside so I should be in the middle of the 110mm pipe. Problem is drilling at an absolute 90 angle to the wall from the outside through uneven stonework so it comes through on the inside in the right place.

Anyone got any other suggestions? Also, do you have to replace the lime chippings in a soakaway every 1 year or 2 years?

Sponsored Links
It shouldn't be too hard a job for an RGI to core through a wall and attach an appropriate fitting to your stack - there are fittings available that can be installed "blind" for just this kind of situation. I say an RGI as the condensate pipe is considered to be part of the flue system, which should only be altered by a Registered Gas Installer.

Lime chippings in a soakaway should be topped up annually as part of your boiler service

Thanks, do you have any information about these fittings, e.g. key words I can search for on a search engine? I doubt most RGIs would do an acceptable job.

Thanks, do you have any information about these fittings, e.g. key words I can search for on a search engine? I doubt most RGIs would do an acceptable job.

Thats a sure fire way to get help in here!!!

Sponsored Links

Thats a sure fire way to get help in here!!!

I don't need or want help from RGIs after experiencing them on this forum and
in real life, would rather ask my mum. Looking for advice from Diyers only. I can do this anyway, just wondering if anyone has a brainwave to make it slightly easier.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back