Attaching to thermaboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had 55mm thermaboard put on the coldest (external) walls in a couple of rooms. Any thoughts on the best way to attach things to thermaboard?

I need to put new radiators in, and the plasterer said thermaboard can hold 20kg with just regular rawl plugs, so what does a small-medium radiator weigh when it's full of water...? I've used hollow wall rawl plugs (pictured) for the curtain poles and they seem pretty solid.

Also, planning to use grab adhesive and masonry nails for the picture rail, that should do the job shouldn't it?

Attachments

• 20200303_070747.jpg
    20200303_070747.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 197
Sponsored Links
I always use the metal cavity wall anchors. As for picture rail, Sticks Like S*** glue and Paslode 2nd fix gun.

Brilliant, thanks so much Bonni. I hadn’t heard of the cavity wall anchors, just looked up some reviews.... this could well be life changing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back