Attic renovation project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - We are renovating the attic since we have had problems with mold. The Attic is about 25 years old and has never had any work done to it. Lately we found that the house is experiencing mold. And there is it a lot.

We first found out that the insulation that was built with the house was falling away and revealing the roofing tiles.

So from the water coming through the roof we also discovered the flooring insulation was damp also.

So my plans were to install ThermaWrap down on the floor, and then cover it over with fiberglass. (Anything other recommendations are appreciated) after I have placed that down, place some plywood down so you can stand on the floor without falling through! :LOL:

Once I've done the floor I would do the ThermaWrap on the attic inside walls where the original insulation was to start with.

Then the last but not lease install a light on the ceiling of the attic so it isn't dark inside.

Question is, would it be safe to install plywood on the wooden floor supports (The wooden bits where you stand on to avoid falling through the floor) Or is there something else I need to do as well as that?

Thankyou guys

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back