Attic Shower Pump - Any Recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

I'm thinking about fitting a shower pump in the attic to boost the measly pressure from the cold water tank to my electric shower.

The current set up is a three metre 15mm pipe running across the attic from the cold water tank and then down about 50cm to the electric shower (which, currently, only lets out a little dribble)... I've seen quite a few single-impeller pumps on eBay but don't want to go getting the wrong type...

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Si

Sponsored Links
What make / model is your electric shower? It's almost certainly designed to be run on low pressure only, if you try to pump it it'll probably blow it to bits. Best bet is to buy a new electric shower that runs off the mains, although be prepared to upgrade the electric supply to it as well if you want a more powerful shower

It's Creda Contemporary... which is really designed to run off the mains. However, that's not really possible in my upstairs bathroom...well, not without a lot of pulling walls and floors apart anyway... :rolleyes:

Why is it not possible? If you can see the supply pipe to the shower it's easy, as you must have a mains supply to your loft tank, so you can tee into your loft tank mains supply and connect it to the electric shower and cap off the tank feed

Sponsored Links
Muggles: You are a genius... I wonder why I didn't think of that!

*heads off into the attic*

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back