AU GUF 4011-30 Bulbs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Not sure where else to put this post.

The house I am currently renting has four recessed lights in the bathroom ceiling. Two have recently blown. I have taken one out and can't say I have ever heard of such a bulb:

Aurora AU GUF 4011/30
11w GU10220-240V WARM WHITE

The cheapest I seem to be able to find them for is around the £10-12 mark per bulb. This seems very expensive. Some of my Philips Hue ones cost less!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AURORA-AU-GUF4011-SGU10-Compact-Fluorescent/dp/B0038JYH86

Can anyone tell me if there are cheaper compatible ones I can install? It is not worth me going LED as it is not my house and I don't plan staying there for more than a couple of months now.
I noticed GU10 in the name so not sure if I could just put some conventional GU10 bulbs in? Don't want to blow anything up.

Sponsored Links
The bulbs you had in before are Florescent GU10 bulbs.
You are reading the Manufacturer code of the bulb, not the bulb type.

You should be reading this part:
11w GU10 220-240V WARM WHITE
That says it is using 11Watts of power to make the light, is GU10 type, is 240V rated, and emits WARM WHITE light.

Florescent bulbs have now been superseded by LED bulbs that are smaller and need less Watts to produce the same amount of light.

So you need a LED, GU10 bulb, of about 4W to 7Watt, saying warm white on packaging, and 240Volts.

If on budget try pound shop.
For longer lasting (and if have one nearby) try Screwfix.

I have modified the Screwfix search here so it shows 50W equivalent (which is normally abut 6W for LED), warm white, single pack, GU10 bulbs:
https://www.screwfix.com/c/electric...uivalentwattage=50_w&packsize=1&sort_by=price

SFK

Last edited:
Thank you both,
I will see what I can get.

Sponsored Links
One solution is to 3d print some adapter parts and use a normal GU10 lamp. STL files are on github.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back