Audi TT Coupe buyer advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I rather like the look of the Audi TT Coupe and am seeking to buy one.
Probably a 2008/9 model.
But I don't know the car and its foibles. What I'm after is any advice as to what specifically to look out for when appraising one of these cars.
All advice gratefully received.
Ta
Bazza

Sponsored Links
So its the mark two (MK2) you have fallen for?

Try and stretch to a diesel if you can, it will hold value better, although no two door will hold real value for you. Just stay away from the very early 2.0L TDi as the oil pump gives a bit of trouble. Apart from that they are proper well built German motors.
As always if you don't intend to fix it yourself, go for the very best (low mileage, full service history) you can afford. But, if you want a project

http://bit.ly/18pI5WN

All these cars have loads of history, but not the type you talk about at a dinner party, with absolutely no warranty of any kind. You pay your money, you take your chance. But they are cheap motors.

Havn't had a TT but have had a few Audi's now and the later ones I have found to have lamp holder faults, the Germans have started to use barilium for the contacts and they fatigue and break off, a good way to remedy this is to used solder wick as a repair and has been successful on mine, saves paying out for complete new holders, the aerial on my A4 Cabrio is behind the rear number plate and the coax has broken at the boot hinge area, the parking sensors have an intermittent fault which I think is being caused by the reverse switch. Other than these few niggles the car has been great and generally all the Audi's I have had have been a good buy.

Sponsored Links
The water pump is made from plasticene and the impeller breaks off.....one of the I Spy points if the car starts to overheat!
John :)

Back