Audio Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just after some advice please?
My son has a sound-bar for the audio from his pc and also wants to connect the Xbox 360 audio through it.
I would like to know what kind of switch I would need to achieve this and if you look at my attached drawing you will probably see better what I'm after doing.
Both connections from the PC audio and 360 come to a 3.5mm plug but I dont want any splitter or anything as there isn't much room and there is a problem with the 3.5mm input on the sound-bar anyway so I'm going to have to hard wire it anyway so thought I'd do them both whilst its open??
Many thanks
Sean
AudioSwitch.jpg

Sponsored Links
If it's analogue stereo, you need a double-pole, double-turn switch (DPDT). The push-release button in your picture won't do the job without a lot of additional circuitry.

You should pay close attention to screening in order to minimise interference. I would go for a really good quality switch because cheaper ones are likely to produce crackling noises after a while.

Thanks Sam for the reply, i knew that switch wasn't any good pal just wanted to try and show the size i was after. So i get a decent quality switch like you said ya got a link for any that you could recommend pal?
Thanks

miniature toggle switches
Maplin FH04E or
Maplin FH05F which is centre off, if there is a problem with the two sources being linked as the switch is operated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back