Author Phillip Pullman

Personally speaking, I would rather our gov were cautious and it sounds like they may well be with the social distancing.

Would you advocate the lockdown for every new winter virus strain from now on, i.e. one a year?

At least Americans are questioning the lockdown. Over here there is no opposition to it, which I found very surprising. What sheep we have become.

Sponsored Links
Would you advocate the lockdown for every new winter virus strain from now on, i.e. one a year?

At least Americans are questioning the lockdown. Over here there is no opposition to it, which I found very surprising. What sheep we have become.
If a virus comes around and kills as many people so quickly as it this one has done then yes, am happy with social distancing. This isn't the normal flu Andy, sorry... more people have died in this period than they normally do with flu and it's still continuing. We won't know the true numbers until this is all over.

I don't see why docs and nurses (and all the others) have to risk their lives or die before their time, just because people want to go to the pub before it's safe to do so!

America - those protesting come over a spoiled brats with no concern for their fellow man. I'd rather be a sheep than a brat!! :)

"Give me liberty or give me death!"

Yes, that's the choice.

"John McDaniel, a 60-year-old resident of Marion County, Ohio, passed away in hospital in the state capital Columbus on Wednesday, April 15, roughly two weeks after he was diagnosed with coronavirus.

A month before he contracted the disease, Mr McDaniel took to social media, posting vociferous criticism of Governor of Ohio Mike DeWine’s implementation of restrictions aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19 in the state."

Sponsored Links
Some orthodox rabbi type bloke a minister in the government in Israel

Said this flu caper was a punishment from God for homo sexuality

He got diagnosed with the virus :LOL::LOL:

Hope he does not snuff it :sneaky:

If only you could count you might appreciate the difference.

Some orthodox rabbi type bloke a minister in the government in Israel

Said this flu caper was a punishment from God for homo sexuality

I've also heard that it is a punishment from god, visited upon religionists who show hatred and contempt for other people who were created by god.

For anybody that still thinks this is like the annual flu - do almost 100 doctors and nurses usually die every year from catching flu off their patients, but nobody thought to mention it?

"Give me liberty or give me death!"

Yes, that's the choice.

"John McDaniel, a 60-year-old resident of Marion County, Ohio, passed away in hospital in the state capital Columbus on Wednesday, April 15, roughly two weeks after he was diagnosed with coronavirus.

A month before he contracted the disease, Mr McDaniel took to social media, posting vociferous criticism of Governor of Ohio Mike DeWine’s implementation of restrictions aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19 in the state."

There's a reason why it is sometimes important to ignore the rantings of the ignorant public, and allow our leaders* to tell us what's best.

*but not Trump, obvs

For anybody that still thinks this is like the annual flu - do almost 100 doctors and nurses usually die every year from catching flu off their patients, but nobody thought to mention it?

I have asked the question twice but nobody answered. How many medical staff die yearly from diseases caught from patients?

Sponsored Links
Back