Author Phillip Pullman

Sponsored Links
now you know that isn't true.

Dr. Erickson says the Covid outbreak is no worse than the flu outbreaks for which we don't lock everybody in and shut down the economy.

Open the pubs now!

Dr. Erickson says the Covid outbreak is no worse than the flu outbreaks for which we don't lock everybody in and shut down the economy.

Open the pubs now!
Selective! There's plenty of other 'experts' who disagree with him in the USA...

And, sorry, pubs will be the last to open... get used to it! :)

Sponsored Links
) Are you happy / sad / don't care (tick one box) that the pubs might be shut for a long time?
It is a fact of life ..no point being worked up about events beyond ones control.But yes, I do miss going to the local for a few beers and a chat.

q1) What's the reason for that?
q2) Are you happy / sad / don't care (tick one box) that the pubs might be shut for a long time?

A. Coke 'eds.

A. As bovvered about pubs as I am about everything else being closed. I feel for gammon Tim M.

q1) What's the reason for that?
q2) Are you happy / sad / don't care (tick one box) that the pubs might be shut for a long time?
Because, if you'd not seen the news, social distancing will go on for some while, possibly the year. How do you social distance in a pub...?

Personally, I am happy pubs are closed for a while. Much welcome break where I live tbh.

Living near a pub in certain areas must be a total nightmare

I don't go in em :cool: so I could not care less if they stay shut

Try living near 3! They were ok when we first moved in, in fact we quite liked the lively feel. Then as the pubs begin to struggle (as they've done up and down the country), the pubs are pulling the stops out for punters. Late licenses, stupidly loud DJ's - sometimes the Dj's playing in the gardens, turning a blind eye to the drugs being taken and plying as much booze down kids throats as possible. They don't even call the police when someone is stabbed outside their own pub, let alone sweep up all the broken glass outside or collect empties.

Then, combine that with zero interest by the police, a lack of funding by the council and zero interest there either, it's a recipe for trouble and misery for neighbours.

I like pubs, I like going into a country pub in the summer, sitting in the garden or having a meal. I just dislike pubs that try to be nightclubs and landlords who have no regard for their neighbourhood.

Because, if you'd not seen the news, social distancing will go on for some while, possibly the year. How do you social distance in a pub...?

If you listen to the doctors in the video, they state that there is great inconsistency in which businesses are allowed to open and which aren't. The ones not allowed to open are usually small businesses with the most to lose.

There is no proof that the "lockdown" is working. It's like lion powder, if you know that old joke.

Try living near 3! They were ok when we first moved in, in fact we quite liked the lively feel. Then as the pubs begin to struggle (as they've done up and down the country), the pubs are pulling the stops out for punters. Late licenses, stupidly loud DJ's - sometimes the Dj's playing in the gardens, turning a blind eye to the drugs being taken and plying as much booze down kids throats as possible. They don't even call the police when someone is stabbed outside their own pub, let alone sweep up all the broken glass outside or collect empties.

Then, combine that with zero interest by the police, a lack of funding by the council and zero interest there either, it's a recipe for trouble and misery for neighbours.

I like pubs, I like going into a country pub in the summer, sitting in the garden or having a meal. I just dislike pubs that try to be nightclubs and landlords who have no regard for their neighbourhood.

Quite so, there are good pubs and bad pubs. The bad ones, such as those you describe, don't usually last long once they've acquired a reputation as troublesome..

If you listen to the doctors in the video, they state that there is great inconsistency in which businesses are allowed to open and which aren't. The ones not allowed to open are usually small businesses with the most to lose.

There is no proof that the "lockdown" is working. It's like lion powder, if you know that old joke.
If you read what I wrote before - this doctor's views were challenged by fellow experts in his own country (USA). We can all chose an expert who's views we like the most of and stick with that, but it doesn't always make it the right one...
Personally speaking, I would rather our gov were cautious and it sounds like they may well be with the social distancing.

Quite so, there are good pubs and bad pubs. The bad ones, such as those you describe, don't usually last long once they've acquired a reputation as troublesome..
Sadly, been going on like this for the last 5 years. Nothing and nobody is stopping them and weekends are heaving. Trouble sometimes attracts trouble I guess? We had the police around for a couple of weekends about 4 years back after a particular nasty incident. The pubs were empty which tells me everything I need to know about the punters!

Sponsored Links
Back