automated call-back

Sponsored Links
it strikes me that I might be able to get the PC modem dialler to do it, as it would be nicer if I can make it call back on demand.
If you already have the hardware and the computer is running all the time, then that would certainly be possible.

For an automated call at some fixed day and time just set up the required schedule with cron, Windows task scheduler, or whatever equivalent you have with the OS you're using. Or for call-back on request, set up a script which checks the CLI from the modem when it detects an incoming call, and if it matches whatever number you've set up disconnects, waits a few seconds, then makes the call.

You could even set it up so that you could access the computer via the modem connection or VPN via the internet to make changes remotely.

Is this a disguised advert for a certain DIY system?

No.

Are you mad, or just obsessed?

Neither, just a studious watcher of certain patterns. Which you seem to be one of on here.
As your so clever from your previous posts why not write some code and have a cheapo PC do it. Run some home automation so it even looks like someone is living there.
Try X-10 if you find it too difficult.

Are you always so insulting, sorry, following the patterns here you are. My error ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back