Automated Clothes Hanger (to dry clothes)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am building a automated clothes hanger (to dry clothes).. Nothing fancy...
It looks likea small garage which has a motorized door and clothes hanger.
Basically, if the sensor sense that there is enough sunlight and it is not raining, the door will open and the clothes dryer 'pole'/clothes hanger will come out.

Refer to the image to see how the clothes dryer 'pole'/clothes hanger looks like.
motorhangerxv7.png

The question i have here is what kind of motor do I need to use for the hanger..? The motor needs to be able to push/pull the weight of 15 jeans (completely soaked) + plus the hanger material, either to be constructed with wood or metal.
What kind of motor driver circuit do i need..?

I have tried to google for it for days but couldn't find what I need..
Thanks for your advise..

Sponsored Links
I would firstly think you'd have to be specific in the max weight you need the motor to drive. Are you sure wet jeans will be the heaviest object?, what about a soaking wet cardigan, heavy jumper even a single duvet???

Find and weigh the heaviest item then multiply up to ensure you've got the right powered motor for the job.

Oh yeah... I did not think of that...
Thanks for pointing that out..
How about max weight of 70KG (inclusive of he hanger materials and the pole).
There is going to be 2 motors driving the hanger (one on each side of the wall)
Another one motor for the door, similar to the single garage door.

I was thinking the motorised drive you use for an electrically operated garage door might be a good starting point... avail off the shelf with an actuating arm.

Sponsored Links
Hmm.. the problem is that I do not have a garrage that has a door.. I need to construct one and that includes the motor drive with forward and reverse capability.
If anybody know where I can get the circuit then that would be very helpful coz I have tried to find one for days but to no avail.
All i could find is DC motor drive circuit which is not what I wanted because, to my understanding DC motor is way more expensive but is less powerful.
Besides, precesion is not what I needed as I intend to use limiting switch to limit the motor's movement.
Thanks

what I mean is, the garage door mechanism has a motor, limiting switches, an actuating arm that goes in and out, can be operated by remote control... why try to invent one when they are already available?

For example

p4226713_x.jpg

Chamberlain Motorlift Garage Door Opener is the strongest, most dependable system available with 80kg pulling force to lift most heavy doors. Very high specification for added convenience and security. Fits canopy, retractable and sectional garage doors. Remote controls with rolling code technology are compatible with Chamberlain gate openers.Chamberlain technical helpline available on 0800 317847.
Protector IR Safety Reversal System
Channel Encased Belt
3-Channel Mini Remote Controls
Rolling Code Radio Technology
Premium Belt Drive for Strong, Quiet Operation
2 Year Manufacturer's Guarantee (5 Years on Motor)

Oh.. i get what u mean..
Actually, this is part of my college project..
Thats why i need the circuits and stuff..
Yeah.. it would be easier to jst get the ready made unit..
But at least, I am expected to know how it functions.. Such as the motor specs, what kind of relay to use etc etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back