Average life expectancy of Baxi combi boilers? Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Oh no that's nothing, just click on whatever is appropriate like "No". It's a free site entirely and in no way dodgy. Here is the site: https://framapic.org/
You see it ends in .org it's a sort of open source thing like when you get asked for a donation if you read the online guardian or wikipedia, sort of opensource kind of thing, totally no dodgy stuff on this site, you can also upload pictures and they'll be automatically deleted after whatever amount of time you set them for eg 7 days, 30 days or 180 days

This is the stuff they believe in:
  • A network dedicated to globally promoting "free" and particularly free software.
  • Many services and innovative projects freely put at the disposal of the general public.
  • A community of volunteers supported by an association of public interest.
  • An invitation to build together a world of sharing and cooperation.

Members here are far more likely to view your images if you upload them direct to the forum... The button to do this is right by the "Post Reply" button... are you unable to do this?

Screenshot_20180613_065245.jpg

I’d honestly say if youve got 5 years out of a new boiler nowadays then you’ve done well. They just don’t make them like they used to :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

The boiler is a 105 model

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the boiler meets current regs

My Baxi Solo 3 was installed in 2000 and still works perfectly. It has a robust heat exchanger and is nice and simple because it's not a combi or condensing (it does have one of the best efficiencies for a non condensing boiler). It's had a few new parts over the years notably fan's and PCB's but in most cases it worked even with the fault (fan was a bit 'screechy' and the PCB didn't switch off the pump) but was speedily repaired every time. The longest time it has been out of service for in 18 years was for 4 hours. Parts are still readily available, so I plan to keep it going for as long as I can. Hopefully by the time I need to replace it the new boilers will have a longer lifespan.....;)

alexd751
If your boiler is the 105e (only). Then parts that will wear out are currently:!: available indefinitely,if the boiler casings or flue are damaged or rotted-corroded away then its different.

the 105e is a very good boiler but needs periodic servicing,not from a flue prodding safety checker. :mrgreen:

stem,also has a good boiler and the necessary new breakdown parts are still available indefinitely (there is a reason why :)).
There are also the refurbished parts :love: many boiler fixers rely on refurbished parts,some outlets are better than others but due to advertising here cant adlink to any store :rolleyes:.

alexd751
If your boiler is the 105e (only). Then parts that will wear out are currently:!: available indefinitely,if the boiler casings or flue are damaged or rotted-corroded away then its different.

the 105e is a very good boiler but needs periodic servicing,not from a flue prodding safety checker. :mrgreen:

A flue prodding safety checker?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back