[b]ACV Smart pressurised cylinder...[/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ACV mains pressure storage cylinder (pumped return system).
My problem is that all three 2" couplers situated on the top of the cylinder (cold water in, hot water out and hot water return) are leaking and the water has managed to find it's way under the plastic jacket and into the thermostat housing (filled it up in fact)...need I say more!!
These leaks began after I fitted a water softener to the system (no more of that handy limey stuff to seal the threads).
I have tried everything to seal these joints including all the usual Boss White putty type compounds, PTFE tapes etc.etc.
I do have a very large wrench to hand, but I am afraid to put too much welly on the joints in fear of tearing the connections from the tank!
Does anyone have any idea's about the best way to seal these threads before I spend another wasted couple of hours dimantling all the pipework/valves again...just to see those tiny beads of water appear around the joints...once again!!
Many thanks (and a lot more if you have a good solution)...Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back