b & q chrome towel rail/heater £39 special offer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having already bought a new flomasta 1000x600mm rad for the bathroom but yet to install..i noticed a fancy chrome towel rail/heater in b & q this w.e on offer at £39 reduced from £79 i think..as its very eyecatching and more of a feature to go along with my chrome mira exel shower+chrome accessaries etc .. i just need to know that the heat output is adequate compared to a standard rad as mentioned before i purchase...as anybody bought 1 of these or 1 similar and are happy enough with the heat output ? cheers again :)

Sponsored Links
I have never seen a 100x600 radiadtor unless it is to replace the skirting. Such a radiator would, I think be better fitted in a doll's house.

WRT ladder chrome radiators, well these look nice but fail to live up to the name of being called radiators. Cover the rungs with towels, the radiators becomes a candle in the field..

Look at a Stelrad panel radiator with rail inbuilt for a radiator that does the job adequately.

it wont be covered with towels at all really maybe odd 1 now and again..whats the heat output like without towels on then ? lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry to see the sarcastic brigade about again.

You need to compare the stated outputs of your reasonably sized 1000 x 600 radiator and the heated towel rail. If the output is OK, go for the towel rad.

it wont be covered with towels at all really maybe odd 1 now and again..whats the heat output like without towels on then ? lol :LOL:

Power (Watts): 283
BTU: 965
HEATLINE SINGLE RADIATOR 500MM X 1000MM 2829 BTU

Mysteryman
You need to compare the stated outputs of your reasonably sized 1000 x 600 radiator and the heated towel rail. If the output is OK, go for the towel rad

How does the OP know if the output is adequate? Are you suggesting he fits the radiator and then 'sees' if the bathroom heats up?

By the way 283watts is less heat output than three 100 watt bulbs. It is not even a third of the heat put out by a one bar fire. I certainly would not want to disrobe in this bathroom on a cold winters day with jack frost playing his tricks on bathroom walls and window.

OP, if you are after looks, go for it. If you want real advise and be 'not cold' when outside is -1 degree and lower, carry out heat loss calculation for the bathroom and fit a suitable radiator. One thing I can assure you, proper sized radiator to heat the bathroom to 25 degrees Centigrade ambient temperature when outside is a winters day, will not be cheap.

fair enough guys looks like sticking with the 1000x600mm rad then but might fit the 100mmx600mm in the daughters wendy house :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back