B&Q loft boards product number change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reviews on wickes and B&Q are normally straight forward but I've noticed that there is currently 2 different product numbers on B&Q's website for the same item. Same price but they have started again with there reviews.
It might just be coincides but the newer product numbers (which are in stock) aren't rated as good, ie they could have changed suppliers?

Has anyone had any recently that could comment?

I'm about to buy 20 packs this week to board my loft out with but I'm slightly worried they may not be as good as the wickes ones (which are more expensive) or even the older b&q ones!

Sponsored Links
I've recently just boarded my loft out with these using loft legs.

No problems, the grooves are a bit dodgy if you screw too close to the edges but all in all not bad at all.

On tip I will give, make sure you use decent screws, I couldn't believe the difference on the second pack I bought (AVF Yellow Zinc-Plated Steel Loft Floor Screws), they were pain in the ass to screw straight in. I cant remember the first lot i used though - sorry!

Wicks had a discount deal when you buy in 3 packs at a time. It's about £1 more expensive than B&Q but the reviews are much more favourable.

I used 4x40 woodscrews. The posidrive ones were okay but occasionally cammed out. I switched to torx drive. Perfect. As above, don't go too close to the edges (I managed to crack one corner).

Sponsored Links
I agree the wickes did look more favourable and normally I'd go that route. My only reasoning for B&Q is my parents have the 10% diamond card and some vouchers with further money off. So my 18-20 packs (so I've estimated) soon mount up to around a 20 pound saving.
I've had a quick look in a B&Q this afternoon and they don't look much different although hard to tell in a 3 pack tightly packaged up.

Thanks for your thoughts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back