B&Q Nextday + Screwfix = 1

u'll find that this trade point idea, is literally for traders only. No retail customers are allowed there. So would be diyers can't buy there. I went in to check it out a while ago and found the staff are 90% tradesmen as well. They know what the hell they're on about. They also added a nice little touch of being able to pick up b&q items for seriously cheaper. Bought a bathroom there and it was 60% discounted from the b&q price! At that discount i'm goin back

Sponsored Links
I looked into the trade discount at B&Q last week, didn't look too good to me.

Only works by getting a cheque back at the end of the month rather than when purchasing stuff. While I suppose that this means that if purchasing something for a customer's job you get to charge them the full price & get the discount yourself later :D

Kingfisher competing against itself...hard times indeed.

Instead of Kingfisher competing against itself i would say that customers from Screwfix also shop in B&Q and vice versa, both under one roof is added range and choice without the travel, everyone wins as i see it.

Sponsored Links
Instead of Kingfisher competing against itself i would say that customers from Screwfix also shop in B&Q and vice versa, both under one roof is added range and choice without the travel, everyone wins as i see it.

And which part of Kingfisher are you employed by :rolleyes:

With Screwfix you can at least get what you need most of the time and at a fairly good price, at B&Q the prices are generally expensive and a lot of the time bread and butter items are out of stock.

Their redwood plained timber is very well priced for their 4.8M lengths I found none of the timber yards could match the price. However their tanalised timber is extortionate. I can get a piece of 2"x4" 4.8M length for under £7. That will cost you double in B&Q!

I have to laugh when there is a section for straight timber in my local store (this of course is extra money) :rolleyes: Shouldn't all their timber be straight :confused:

Went to buy Element32 bookends at B&Q but they were out of stock so bought them down the street at screwfix. Price at B&Q, £5+ each. Price at screwfix £3+ per pair. I would imagine that the brackets would be cheaper too but they were out of catalogues.

Sponsored Links
Back