B11 oil burner troubleshooting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for reading. I have a Worcester Bosch Heatslave 20/25 fitted with an Inter B11 burner. Yesterday the whole boiler was dead including the control panel. I replaced the control panel fuse which had blown. The Control panel came back to life and the fan started and just ran and ran. I checked fuel supply, ran motor with bleed valve open, there is definitely fuel there. There was no smell of unburnt fuel while the fan was running. Would you suspect the solenoid coil? Is this an open/shut valve for fuel flow into the burner? If that has failed will the control box not allow a spark?

Sponsored Links
I don't think it is sparking but is just audible is there any other way to know? So if the coil has failed the resistance will be low? what should it be roughly?

Sponsored Links
I have a 17 year old firebird with a Riello burner but it has a 50V control box and I think the coil (even though have never had to replace any item of the Riello G5X burner, resistance was ~ 100 ohms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back