Danesmoor 20/25 with Electro Inter B11 burner - bleed advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I ran out of oil at the weekend, have now had a delivery but boiler is in lockout, I assume it needs a bleed. It's a Danesmoor 20/25, using an Electro Oil Inter B11 burner.

I've read countless threads on various forums where people have adjusted the pressure rather than the bleed valve, so now I'm paranoid about doing the wrong thing.

Some people advise bleeding by disconnecting the flexi hoses, others say DON'T DO THAT and advise loosening the pressure gauge port.

I've called many engineers and they're all too busy to come out until next week, meanwhile my family is living in a very cold house.

Can anybody advise on the best way to bleed this pump?

Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
If your tank is higher than the burner Jim then by all means slacken off the flexible pipe to allow the oil to purge through.....do this until there's no more air then fire up as normal.
I think the pressure adjustment screw is at the bottom of the pump (if memory serves), the other ports marked V and P are for attaching vacuum or pressure gauges. You can undo the P port as it's just a blanking plug......with the burner spinning, air should purge from there if need be.
John :)

Thanks John.

So it sounds like I can slacken the flexi pipe to get the worst of the air out without having to spin up the burner on empty, then use the P port to finish the job, pressing the lockout button to get the burner spinning.

You should have a BFP pump on thus burner

The port you don't want to use is the pressure adjustment which you can identify as it will have a plus/minus symbol above it.

Use the pressure Guage port which is identified with single letter "
P" with an alien key and a cloth.

Sponsored Links
You should have a BFP pump on thus burner

Sorry, I'm not sure what that means! Is it good news?

The port you don't want to use is the pressure adjustment which you can identify as it will have a plus/minus symbol above it.

Use the pressure Guage port which is identified with single letter "
P" with an alien key and a cloth.

I think mine is a hex head not allen. Like this.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/thescruff/Electraburner.jpg I'm assuming the pressure gauge port is the thing just to the right and down from the photocell, where the rigid pipe enters the unit.

BFP is just a type of oil pump. Hopefully should look like this

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/zeU3c3B5DNg/maxresdefault.jpg
Use a 4mm hex/allen key to loosen port when burner starts and release air? It might take a couple of goes but persevere.

Make sure you clean your oil filters!

I have one of those on the end of the burner, but the ports are all blanks, there's nothing to undo.

There are two pipes going into the boiler so I thought it might self-bleed, but I've reset it many times now and no joy.

Is it possible for you to give us a couple of pics, Jim.....one of the pipe arrangements going into the pump, and another of the pump end face?
Is your oil tank higher than the burner?
I think the pressure adjustment sticks out of the bottom of the pump on these.
John :)

Looks like a BFP 11

The pressure Guage port should be above the brass pressure adjustment fitting. Use this to bleed the pump

Bled, and now working. Radiators are warm, family is happy.

Many thanks to everyone for your help!

Jim

I have to add to this, what is the matter with some lazy arsed Engineers not being able to get to this sort of easy work for a whole week.

10 mins work to get a family heat and hot water. Beggers belief

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back